What’s new in Microsoft Teams for September 2018?
There are a some interesting news regarding Microsoft Teams for this/past month (August/September 2018) which I’d like to sum up and share with you:
- Skype for Business Online and Teams feature-parity is reached based on the official roadmap (pretty nice!)
(Cp. external source: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Teams-Blog/Microsoft-Teams-is-now-a-complete-meeting-and-calling-solution/ba-p/236042, roadmap https://skypeandteams.blob.core.windows.net/artefacts/Skype%20for%20Business%20to%20Teams%20Capabilities%20Roadmap.pdf)
- Messaging feature-parity (for details see above external links)
- Meetings feature-parity (for details see above external links)
- Calling feature-parity (for details see above external links)
- Replace Skype for Business Online over time with Teams
- You can now choose your mic and speaker (headset) before joining a Microsoft Teams Call/Conf
(Cp. external source: https://www.petri.com/microsoft-fixed-one-annoying-aspects-teams)
- Microsoft Teams Launches Canada, Australia and Japan Data Residency
(Cp. external source: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Teams-Blog/Microsoft-Teams-Launches-Australia-and-Japan-Data-Residency/ba-p/237827, https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Teams-Blog/Microsoft-Teams-Launches-Canada-Data-Residency-Australia-and/ba-p/227178)
- I’m also looking forward to Microsoft Ignite 2018 to get some Team news and insights …
Enjoy working with Teams and the extended rich feature set.
Posted on 2. September 2018, in Tech and tagged Cloud, Collaboration, Intelligent Communications, Microsoft, O365, Skype for Business, Teams. Bookmark the permalink. Comments Off on What’s new in Microsoft Teams for September 2018?.