Soon, I’ll speak at the abtis Modern Teamwork Roadshow in Pforzheim (19/03/2019), Heidenheim (20/03/2019) and Freiburg i.B. (19/03/2019). The event and speakers cover different topics all around modern teamwork.
I’ll talk about Microsoft Teams and (PSTN) telephony. My session “Telefonie mit Microsoft Teams – Das sollten Sie wissen” is about frequently asked questions and things you should know regarding Teams and (PSTN) telephony. I’ll give answers to frequently asked questions and provide first ideas on how you could start with adding PSTN telephony to Teams to enable your fellow employees for modern teamwork throughout your business.
In this post I’d like to highlight and share resources about Teams devices and IP Phones. Does one of the following questions or even both apply to you?
- Are you planning to transition your conference rooms to collaborative spaces and rooms?
- Are you planning to migrate telephony completely or partially to Microsoft Teams?
In both cases, to begin planning, I recommend to browser to and do not miss to check the below links. Microsoft as well as third-party vendors offer a wide range of devices to cover your needs by leveraging the Microsoft Teams platform. The best place to go and check for (certified) devices is the “Microsoft Teams Devices Marketplace”. There you’ll find …
- Speaker phones
- Desk phones
- Room systems
- Conference phones and
Conclusion, opinion and summary
I recommend to take a look on the linked pages to get an overview on available certified devices.
If you are about to start your journey towards Microsoft Teams it might help you assess your users/rooms /spaces requirements and to create suited personas (e.g. 6-Seat-Room –> Surface Hub, Office Information Worker –> Notebook + wired Headset, Assistant –> Notebook + Mobile + Teams IP Phone xyz).
- Microsoft Teams Devices Marketplace https://products.office.com/en-us/microsoft-teams/across-devices/devices/category?devicetype=34
- Microsoft Teams IP Phones and Intune Enrollment https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Teams-Blog/Microsoft-Teams-IP-Phones-and-Intune-Enrollment/ba-p/330432
- Bringing Intelligent Communication in Microsoft Teams across devices https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Teams-Blog/Bringing-Intelligent-Communications-in-Microsoft-Teams-across/ba-p/170324
- Manage your devices in Teams https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/MicrosoftTeams/device-management
- Microsoft Surface Hub https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/surface/business/surface-hub
- Yealink T58A series: https://www.yealink.com/products_43.html
- Audiocodes C450HD Native Teams IP Phone (Demo): AudioCodes C450HD Native Microsoft Teams IP Phone
There are a some interesting news regarding Microsoft Teams for this/past month (August/September 2018) which I’d like to sum up and share with you:
- Skype for Business Online and Teams feature-parity is reached based on the official roadmap (pretty nice!)
(Cp. external source: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Teams-Blog/Microsoft-Teams-is-now-a-complete-meeting-and-calling-solution/ba-p/236042, roadmap https://skypeandteams.blob.core.windows.net/artefacts/Skype%20for%20Business%20to%20Teams%20Capabilities%20Roadmap.pdf)
- Messaging feature-parity (for details see above external links)
- Meetings feature-parity (for details see above external links)
- Calling feature-parity (for details see above external links)
- Replace Skype for Business Online over time with Teams
- You can now choose your mic and speaker (headset) before joining a Microsoft Teams Call/Conf
(Cp. external source: https://www.petri.com/microsoft-fixed-one-annoying-aspects-teams)
- Microsoft Teams Launches Canada, Australia and Japan Data Residency
(Cp. external source: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Teams-Blog/Microsoft-Teams-Launches-Australia-and-Japan-Data-Residency/ba-p/237827, https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Teams-Blog/Microsoft-Teams-Launches-Canada-Data-Residency-Australia-and/ba-p/227178)
- I’m also looking forward to Microsoft Ignite 2018 to get some Team news and insights …
Enjoy working with Teams and the extended rich feature set.